CPPS Level 1 Certification – November 9-10, 2019 – San Jose, CA
- CPPS Level 1 Certification – November 9-10, 2019 – San Jose, CA
- Location : Mind Pump Studio – San Jose, CA
- Dates : 11/09/2019 - 11/10/2019 - 8:30 am - 5:30 pm
- Instructors : Joe DeFranco / Jim Smith
- Tution : $1197 / Coach
- Level : 1
Over the course of the two-day certification, you will learn the comprehensive CPPS curriculum covering all aspects of strength training and performance; including breathing fundamentals, mastering the fundamental movement patterns, pre-movement preparation, strength training, power development, speed fundamentals, and the 7 critical components of effective program design.
DAY 1: OVERVIEW
FUNDAMENTAL 1: CPPS BREATHING 101
FUNDAMENTAL 2: CPPS CRITERIA: JBJ/UCS/LCS
FUNDAMENTAL 3: CPPS FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT PATTERNS / POSITIONS
FUNDAMENTAL 4: CPPS PROGRESSION / REGRESSION MODEL
FUNDAMENTAL 5: CPPS ATHLETIC ASSESSMENTS
DAY 2: OVERVIEW
FUNDAMENTAL 6: CPPS WARM-UP MODEL
FUNDAMENTAL 7: CPPS POWER DEVELOPMENT
FUNDAMENTAL 8: CPPS SPEED DEVELOPMENT
FUNDAMENTAL 9: CPPS STRENGTH DEVELOPMENT
FUNDAMENTAL 10: CPPS ASSESSMENT TO PERFORMANCE
FUNDAMENTAL 11: CPPS PROGRAM DESIGN
The curriculum for the Level 1 CPPS certification is the proven Athletic Strength Development Training System (this does not include the Special Strength system). After you register, the training system (value: $500) will be automatically shipped to you at the address provided during your registration. All DVD’s and manuals should be studied prior to the comprehensive 2-day certification. The Athletic Strength Development System drives the entire weekend and will prepare you for all sections of the certification and the CPPS exam.
[NOTE: The CPPS L1 curriculum includes only the following reference materials: The AMPED Warm-up System, The STRENGTH System, The Hard:CORE System, Extreme, Power, and the SPEED System]
Special Note 1: Domestic orders within the US should arrive in 5-10 business days and international orders can take upwards of 2-4 weeks to arrive.
Special Note 2: Register promptly for the certification date you plan on attending as the capacity for each certification is 20 attendees.
- Registration starts at 8:30am on both days – please be prompt.
- One week prior to your certification date, you will be mailed the CPPS Coaching Workbook. Please print this out and put it in a 3-ring binder. You will use this to take notes over the weekend and as your study guide for the CPPS exam.
- Be prepared. All curriculum and study materials should be committed to memory so that you’re ready to coach and lead instruction for the coaching candidates.
- Bring your workout clothes, snacks, and drinks for the day. (We will probably work through lunch)
- Remember, this is a hands-on certification that is led by the all of the coaching candidates – your participation is required.
- Get ready for an amazing weekend and experience. We’re excited for you to join our global community of fitness enthusiasts and professionals from all over the world.
Question 1: Are there any pre-requisites to attend the CPPS certification and is it ONLY for coaches and trainers?
Answer: Absolutely not. There are no prerequisites for attending the certification. All you have to do is review the curriculum and come ready to learn. We’ve had personal trainers, physical therapists, strength coaches, and fitness enthusiasts (who just loved to train and want to learn more about training the right way) – take the certification.
Question 2: Is there a group discount?
Answer: Yes. For groups of 3 or more there is a discount. Each coach in the group will receive a 10% discount. The full curriculum will be mailed to each coach in the group who registers individually.
Question 3: I’m traveling back home after the certification and can’t get my exam in on time – can I get an extension?
Answer: Of course. We’ve had coaches come in from all over the world and it takes several days for them to get home. We can absolutely give you more time to finish the exam and coaching videos.
Location / Directions:
Mind Pump Studio
1343 The Alameda
San Jose, CA 95126
Norman Y. Mineta
San Jose International Airport – (SJC)
(within walking distance)
Address: 817 The Alameda
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: (408) 294-6500
San Jose Marriott
301 S Market Street
San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 280-1300
The Row Hotel
2404 Stevens Creek Blvd.
San Jose, CA 95128
Phone: (408) 293-5000
We do offer a 3-payment plan and group rates for the certification. If you are interested in setting up a payment plan to attend or you’re coming as a group, please email us at: cppscoaches [at] gmail.com